To develop a strong and vibrant English-speaking community in Montérégie West
- Bring together individuals, community groups, public organizations, professionals and businesses;
- Form partnerships and bonds within the Montérégie West community and with its neighbors;
- Encourage lifelong learning for everyone from the youth to the elderly;
- Provide information and resources to promote improved access to health and social services for all.
What we do
Working with our Monteregie West communities, we provide
- Information and resources to promote improved access to health and social services for all
- Exercise programs
- Inter-generational support
- Community-building through excursions, forums and social events
- Life-long learning
- Volunteer support, recruitment and recognition
The MWCN was founded in 1999 as the Chateauguay Focus Group. In 2004, the group became The Chateauguay English Community Network (Le Reseau Anglophone de la Communauté de Chateauguay) The “CECN”. Throughout these years the organization has grown by creating new opportunities, events and more.
Since May, 2016, we are known as the Monteregie West Community Network; the MWCN!